MWDOC’s annual Water Awareness Poster Contest deadline is right around the corner! The Poster Contest is open to all Orange County students in Kindergarten through 12th Grade. All hand-drawn artwork should reflect this year’s theme: Water Is Life. The theme was selected to get students thinking about our most precious natural resource – water!
MWDOC receives nearly one thousand entries each year from students across the county, and from these entries, 40 winners are selected and recognized at an annual awards ceremony held at the Discovery Cube in Santa Ana.
The deadline to submit entries for the 2019 Water Awareness Poster Contest is April 5. For contest rules, and to view previous winning artwork, visit: www.mwdoc.com/postercontest
WATER AWARENESS POSTER CONTEST
Orange County students in grades K-12 are encouraged to create posters that reflect the theme: WATER IS LIFE.
Examples of previous winning artwork at: mwdoc.com/postercontest
- DEADLINE: APRIL 5, 2019
- Open to all Orange County students in grades K-12.
- Submissions must reflect the student’s own ability.
- Posters must be drawn horizontally on 8.5 x 11 in. or 12 x 18 in. paper. Paper available upon request.
- ORIGINAL ARTWORK ONLY. Posters submitted with copyrighted characters or images (e.g. Mickey Mouse) will not be accepted. Students are allowed to use the Ricki Raindrop character in their artwork.
- All posters will be the exclusive property of the Municipal Water District of Orange County for reproduction or promotional purposes, and may be published at mwdoc.com.
Please clearly write the following information on the back of your poster:
- Student’s Name
- School Name
- School District
- Teacher’s Name
- Teacher’s Email
- Grade Level
- Parent’s Name
- Parent’s Email
- Parent’s Phone
MAIL OR DROP OFF ENTRIES TO:
18700 Ward Street
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Attn: Traci Muldoon
Submit your students’ artwork as a batch to be entered in a drawing for a class pizza party with Ricki Raindrop!
WIN AN IPAD!
One grand prize winner per grade division: K-2 / 3-5 / 6-8 / 9-12
*All winning students, along with their parents and teachers, will be invited to attend a special awards ceremony at the Discovery Cube!
Contact Traci Muldoon