Our mission is to provide reliable, high-quality supplies from Metropolitan Water District of Southern California and other sources to meet present and future needs at an equitable and economical cost, and to promote water use efficiency for all of Orange County.
Of Orange County’s total water demand
is met by imported water supplies
Gallons of imported water are purchased by
MWDOC each year to meet OC’s demand
Gallons of water are saved each year through
MWDOCs water use efficiency programs
Over 3 Million
Orange County students have participated in
MWDOC’s water education program
Of South Orange County is dependent on
Of water can be saved each year simply
by fixing leaks around your home
Of water can be saved outdoors each year
simply by installing a smart sprinkler timer
Average amount of rainfall OC gets each year.
It takes about 48 inches to sustain turf grass.
Of water each minute can be saved simply by
turning off the garden hose when not in use
- Oct 16th, 2018 WACO Planning Committee
- Oct 17th, 2018 Regular Board Meeting
- Oct 18th, 2018 Executive Committee
- Oct 24th, 2018 MWDOC/OCWD Joint Planning Committee
- Oct 25th, 2018 ISDOC Quarterly Meeting
- MWDOC Joins over 1,000 Organizations Nationwide to: “Imagine a day without water” News Release
- MWDOC Earns Regional Award for Website Development Project News Release
- Orange County Regional Water & Wastewater Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan News Release
- City of Westminster Wins 2018 Wyland OC Mayor's Challenge News Release
- Teams from Oxford Academy and Costa Mesa High School Place at 2018 Solar Cup News Release
Water Use Efficiency
Offering water wise education, tips, resources, water saving programs and incentives
for Orange County residents and businesses.
MWDOC works with local Orange County water providers to offer rebates and incentives to residential and commercial water users.
Orange County residents can save water and money by taking advantage of available rebates offered on both indoor and outdoor water-saving devices.
Rebates are now available to Orange County commercial customers on a variety of water-saving devices used for your business.
The Water Advisory Committee of Orange County (WACO) facilitates the introduction, and discussions, related to current and emerging water issues in Orange County for policy makers and water industry professionals. Monthly meetings are open to the public and include presentations from a diverse group of speakers on a variety of water-related topics.
The Independent Special Districts of Orange County (ISDOC) is a membership association that represents the interests, and provides advocacy, on behalf of Orange County’s 25 independent special districts.