Each project is methodically developed to ensure that the end result benefits our member agencies and the public. Below you will find our current projects.
- 800 Megahertz Radio System Upgrade
- WEROC and its member agencies are currently undergoing a major improvement to the radio communication system that will be used during emergencies to help gather damage assessments, coordinate resources, and distribute vital information to member agencies.
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Renovation
- WEROC maintains a dedicated Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and an alternated EOC site. The EOC is the focal point for coordination of all the County’s water emergency response and recovery operations. This year, we will begin the process of upgrading the primary EOC to include: a security system, new air conditioning unit, floor plan restructuring, and hardening internal components of the structure to better resist hazards.
- Emergency Operations Plan Update
- All government agencies are required to have an Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) which describes how an agency will respond to and recover from all hazard events. The WEROC EOP focuses on measures that are essential to restoring Orange County’s water infrastructure following a disaster. The EOP update will include updates to warning and alert protocols, agency and personnel responsibilities, public information, coordination, and recovery operations.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency provides state and local government preparedness program funding in the form of Preparedness Grants to enhance the capacity of state and local emergency responders to prevent, respond to, and recover from all hazards. WEROC will be purchasing “Emergency Water Quality Sample Kits” for training purposes and generator components to enhance the resiliency of its water agencies.
- Hazard Mitigation Plan Update
- WEROC and 19 of its member agencies maintain a comprehensive Hazard Mitigation Plan (HMP) that aims to reduce loss of life and property by lessening the impact of disasters. WEROC is conducting a year long process of updating the plan to include updates to hazard profiles, vulnerability assessment, capability assessment, and mitigation projects. An approved HMP makes WEROC and participating agencies eligible for pre and post disaster mitigation grant funding.
- Safety Center Mobile App
- Safety Center is a mobile application (phone or tablet) administered by WEROC which contains WEROC emergency plans, member and coordinating agency emergency contact information, and other pertinent resources that can be easily accessed during emergencies. The Dude Solutions Safety Center Application can be accessed using your mobile application online store. To become an authorized user or to add/delete users for your agency, contact WEROC (email@example.com) to request access.