Water your landscape more efficiently and save water by converting areas irrigated by spray heads to drip irrigation. Rather than spraying wide areas, drip systems utilize point emitters to deliver water to specific locations at or near plant root zones. Water drips slowly from the emitters either onto the soil surface or below ground. As a result, less water is lost to wind and evaporation, and weed growth is minimized. Drip irrigation systems are very water-efficient and are even customizable for different plant varieties in a small area.
The Spray to Drip Rebate Program is currently available from participating water agencies for Orange County residential and commercial customers.
- Projects that are underway or already completed prior to the receipt of the “Notice to Proceed” email are not eligible to participate.
- The installed drip irrigation equipment must be listed on the Eligible Products List (found below). Only drip irrigation equipment on the Eligible Products List, as evidenced by the submission of a purchase receipt, will be eligible to receive a rebate. Microspray, point source emitters, and drippers are not rebate eligible under the Program. See samples of non-eligible equipment below under program documents.
- The conversion must replace standard spray irrigation with drip irrigation.
- A minimum of 250 square feet of irrigated area must be converted to drip irrigation.
- Online Application
- Eligible Products List
- Examples of Ineligible Drip Equipment
- Spray-to-Drip Program Terms and Conditions
- Drip Tubing Fact Sheet
- Spec Sheet – Example of a Drip Tubing Component Bundle
- Participation Process
*A rebate program application and all of the personal information listed in it is public record and will be made available to any member of the public who requests it. By signing a rebate program application, the applicant acknowledges that applicant has no privacy expectations to this information and waives any claim to such.