Each year during the month of April, cities across the U.S. take part in the Wyland National Mayor’s Challenge for Water Conservation. Residents participate on behalf of their city by completing a series of online pledges at mywaterpledge.com that encourage positive behavior changes. Cities that collect the most pledges within their population category win the title of nation’s most water-wise city. As an added incentive for Orange County cities, MWDOC and the Wyland Foundation partnered to award a professionally designed water-efficient pocket park to one lucky city within MWDOC’s service area with the most pledges received by their citizens. The pocket park award serves as a community model for water efficient landscaping, and uses a variety of techniques and strategies that support sustainable water use. For more information, visit: www.mwdoc.com/mayorschallenge.
JOIN THE NATIONAL MAYOR’S CHALLENGE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
DOES YOUR CITY HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN?
The Wyland National Mayor’s Challenge for Water Conservation is a friendly competition between cities across the U.S. to see which city nationwide can be the most water and energy efficient. Cities with the highest percentage of residents who take the pledge in their population category can win BIG!
- Take the “My Water Pledge” on behalf of your city today, and earn a chance to win terrific prizes! www.mywaterpledge.com
- Submit your pledge and we’ll send you a code to share with friends. The more friends who sign up, the more chances you have to win!
- Residents from the winning cities are eligible to win 100’s of prizes including $3,000 toward home utility bills for a year!
- 30 days of prizes! Contest participants nationwide are eligible to win terrific prizes through a daily drawing.
- Take the pledge April 1st – April 30th, and a charitable organization in your community can win a 2019 Toyota Highlander Hybrid!
One Orange County City could win a water-wise pocket park!
As an added incentive to Orange County residents and businesses, the Municipal Water District of Orange County (MWDOC) and the Wyland Foundation will award a water-wise pocket park to the winning city within MWDOC’s service area, which includes 28 OC water agencies. The park will serve as a community model for water efficient landscaping, and will include plants and strategies to promote sustainable water use.
The National Mayor’s Challenge is presented by the Wyland Foundation and Toyota, with support from the U.S. EPA, National League of Cities, The Toro Company, Earth Friendly Products – makers of ECOS, and Conserva Irrigation. The Orange County breakaway challenge is hosted by MWDOC and the Wyland Foundation.